Lindsay Castle is available for short-term rentals.
Please follow the link above to see the full information of the property, gallery of images, 360º virtual tour and booking details.
- A large lounge with 2 double sofas in front of a large open fireplace.
- An open-plan TV lounge with bench, seats and a large, flat-screen TV (with full Multichoice bouquet).
- A small “office” area with a desk and chair (with ASDL wireless Internet) and small drinks cooler-box
- A well-equipped open-plan country-style kitchen with: Gas oven, Gas hob, Small microwave, Large fridge / freezer, Kettle & Double-toaster
- A separate circular dining room seating 12 guests around a circular table with integral “lazy-Susan”.
- A lock-up store room with laundry spares, cleaning materials, etc.
The “utility” area to the rear of the building is not accessible to guests. It is a work and store area containing solar electrical system [batteries and inverter], back-up petrol generator and 2 staff sleeping quarters.
This property does not have any clothes washing or drying machines. All laundry is managed off-site. There is ample external space for drying.
- Dedicated internet facility and landline telephone.
- Gas hob and oven, electric solar powered fridge
- Flat screen TV, DSTV and some DVDs
- All linen, together with bath and beach towels
- Weber braai and stone built braai
- Wood supplied
- Buckets, spades and other beach toys provided
As there are no direct neighbouring properties, Lindsay Castle is very private and secluded. The views to the front are of the beach and waves crashing against the rocky outcrops. There are stone steps leading down from the castle and gardens directly onto the foreshore pebbles & golden beach.
- The castle boasts gardens to the front and sides and extensive fynbos and rock.
- The outside entertainment area has a built-in wood / charcoal braai, plus several tables & benches.
- There are 3 sun loungers, 2 exterior sun chairs and 2 parasols.
Noetzie offers many activities for visitors. There is a large and peaceful lagoon which is excellent for kayaking and paddling and there are many walks in the nearby Sinclair Nature reserve. The sea is not particularly safe for swimming unless lifeguards are on duty [usually during holiday periods] but you can swim quite safely in the lagoon and Noetzie river.
Knysna and the Garden Route offer more activities and attractions than most visitors can experience in a holiday visit.
From safe paddling, swimming & kayaking in the pristine Noetzie River, surfing and fishing on Noetzie Beach to hiking, cycling, quad biking, scuba diving and horse riding. Extreme sports such as paragliding, bungy-jumping and treetop zip-line forest canopy tours abound. The superb golf courses at Plettenberg Bay, Goose Valley, Pezula, Simola & Knysna are all within easy reach.
If you are considering Lindsay Castle as a wedding venue please be advised of our Wedding Policy;
• It is possible to conduct your wedding or reception at Lindsay Castle but this will be determined by the total number of guests you plan to have staying and attending
• Due to the size of the property we can only consider small, intimate celebrations and they must take place within the property and property boundaries
• Please note that, dependant on final confirmed numbers, there may be additional service charges levied in addition to the published daily rental rates
• Minimum booking periods [by season] still apply